Monday, April 21, 2008

Pro Drift Round 1...

Back to cars, and back to drifting...Pro Drift to be exact. Round 1 of the European series kicked off this weekend at Mondello Park. A very cold weekend, and some new 'rules' at Mondello Circuit made things a little irritating. So I just kicked back and watched for a change. It was a nice drive there, which was fun. The entry price however was not! 30 euro per person, then an additional 15 euro for the grandstand, this was rediculous! After talking to the guys, this was NOT a ProDrift thing, it was down to the Mondello Circuit. Quite a few changes seemed to have put a damper on it, for me and many others. I kind of got the feeling it wasn't PD in charge on the day, which was a shame, and stopped them running the great show we are all used to! But I wont be completly negative. The event did run smoothly and some fantastic drifting was on show all day. UK and European drivers battling with Irish made for some interesting drama. Drifts and crashes as usual. Roll on the next event...

I wasn't even in the mood for photos, but I just took out the point and shoot for some pics of my favourite cars on the day...enjoy!

Kazama Auto S15 Silvia...

Ex-Koguchi D1 Falken JZX100 Chaser...

Simple, clean 180SX...Perfect!

BonBon's Driftworks Chaser...Awsome!

S2000 powered AE86 now in RockStar livery...

No comments: