Friday, May 22, 2009

EDC Rd.2 - Knockhill

Was in Scotland again last weekend for Round 2 of the Need for Speed European Drift Championship (quite a mouthful, so lets call it NFS EDC for now). Was a great trip, even though I said I'm taking a backseat this year, it already seems to be more of a 'middle' seat...as I'm as busy as ever, and still involved. But I guess that's just how it is meant to be! The roadtrip with Ed rocked, the drifting was hot, and the Time Attack was FAST! Pretty much sums up Knockhill, apart from one thing...the weather!! In that weekedn alone I experienced all 4 seasons...Saturday was a washout and the track seemed more like Niagara Falls at times during practice! Soaked to the skin, back to hotel and out that night. Up early we made it to the track first thing for sign on. Sunday was the complete opposite...Sunburn, hot, sunhine...I guess only at Knockhill. Little did we know the whole drive home would be in pouring rain again haha, I have a real love/hate relationship with Scotland! Some photos...

Like I said, Saturday it rained...ALOT!!
But it didn't stop the practice, made for some fun drifting!
Dried up nicely overnight though, Sunday was sunny...
So it let the power be put down...V8 Monaro engined S15
Local Irish drivers were out in force battling in EDC...
Previous EDC champ Brett Castle battling his bogey track!
Driftworks Phil Morrison VS Mark BUFF Luney!
Local Irish driver Andy Cooper driving well all weekend!
But the eventual winner was Pete Barber in RX7...

No comments: