Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sayonara Baby...

Well everyone know's how much I love my cars, and when I finally got this Nissan Skyline, nicknamed in Japan by Yuichi as my 'Baby', I was a very happy man! I waited, and worked very hard to get it here, then legally on the road! But now she has gone to another place. I had to sell, Why? Am I crazy?...YES, but needs must, and it had to be done! I loved the car, everything about it, spec, condition, performance, handling, looks. Hand on heart it is one of, if not the best, cars I have ever drove on the roads. Truly Amazing. From my time spent in Japan, I have a vast knowledge of the cars, the people, the scene, and it has made me learn many things. I know cars are just metal, and can always be replaced, and should never become more important than the loved ones around you. But, once in a while a car comes along that is something special. It has a hold on you. I strongly believe some of these cars are more than just metal. They have a soul. Maybe its because of the passion and love for a particular car, or the specification it has been tuned to, but I think all that put together with the history of the car gives it a soul. Every so often there's one out there that you fall in love with. This was mine...but there will be another im sure! So here's to my Baby, who will always be known on these shores for the great Skyline that it is...さびしくなるよ.
Tribute time...to the TRIAL R32 Skyline...
Here she is in all her glory...TryForce Aero

Many years ago, but still looking GREAT!

Now for the real tribute. Many people didn't know about this, and I wanted to post this a while ago but didn't find the time. I think this is the perfect time. We know she loved the camera and took a great photo, but was also famous on TV...Check out Toshi's JDM Insider Kansai Adventure Part 1 DVD...you know you want to!

Forward to the TRIAL shop chapter...

Look who's sitting parked up in the carpark...

Yes, it's definetly her...My Baby!

This was filmed when she was in for her big build...

Looking great, now I know why I love this car...

Driving along...awsome stance R32 Skyline!

How she looks on Irish Tarmac...long trip,still going strong!

No comments: