Friday, February 15, 2008

Tsukuba Circuit...

One of the last full days left. There has been an event/location in the back of my mind this whole trip...should I go or not?! Its far, It's expensive, Im tired, and broke, but it's somewhere I've always wanted to go and see...Tsukuba Circuit! So I made me way to Akihabara Station, not for the usual crazy stuff, but just to catch the Tsukuba Express Rapid. Many tell me Tsukuba Circuit is not accessable by train, but after some research I thought I would give it a damn good try! Tsukuba Circuit is located in the small town of Shimotsuma, Ibaraki-Ken, but the nearest station is even more deeper though...Sodo Station to be exact. How you get to there is a different story...Many transfers and using local Joso lines that only call every hour...but it DOES get you as close as possible to the circuit, which is then only a short taxi ride from the station...well worth it in my opinion! Here is me complaining about the not so expensive ticket, it's just that I was broke, but will I regret it?!...

The local Joso line...hhmmm let the adventure begin!

Umm, are we lost?! When I said DEEP, I really did mean it. About 45minutes of this...with an average of 5 people on the train haha, this really is the boonies of Japan...Shimotsuma! Pretty cool...

But, suddenly its all worthwhile...Tsukuba Circuit!

The famous Dunlop Bridge...amazing circuit!

Plenty of great cars on track, this Altezza was fast...

Alot of Euro cars, including this BMW M3...interesting...

One of the fastest had to be this FD RX7...stunning car!

More Euro...Ferarri too, a nice variety of cars today!

Also a new Mk5 Golf GTI, which was nice to see in Japan!

My overall favourite...Nismo BNR34 Skyline!

No comments: